TRANSMET - THE AUTOMATIC MESSAGE SWITCHING SYSTEM CLUSTER
Transmet is an Automatic Message Switching System intended to be the heart of your telecommunication devices. Discover MFI's fully WMO compliant solution and start reaching out to the world.
- Provide self-monitoring capacities for better reliability
- Guarantee proactive message and circuit diagnosis combined with high performance solving system
- Automatically receive, check and forward meteorological data and products by connecting with any standard communication device.
All National Meteorological Serices including Regional Telecommunication Hubs (RTH)
Beating heart of your systems
The Automatic Message Switching System (AMSS) is the central element in a high technology meteorological environment, and the heart of meteorological telecommunication.
- Interconnection of meteorological devices, share data product internaly and with the meteorological world.
- Developped by Météo-France (Toulouse-RTH) to be easily configurable and upgradable
- Designed to take into consideration future WMO standards and particularly WIS.
- TRANSMET is fully compliant with all applicable protocols, procedures, regulations, and standards including WMO386.
- TRANSMET is a reliable, upgradable solution operated daily since more than 10 years by several Regional Telecommunication Hubs (RTH) and major National Meteorological Services
- TRANSMET manages 160 channels and switches more than 8 gigas of data a day, without any interuption since 1998 at Météo-France in Toulouse
- Hot / Stand-by servers solution
- WMO, special MTN & AGM monitorings
- Automatic message answer and request
- Fast and flexible conversion module (.pdf, .jpeg, .bmp, .tiff,...)
- Message editing tools with templates
- Automatic feeding of climatological database, forecasting workstations, etc.
- Access all system information such as transmitted messages, received messages, channels statistics, ...
- Mail facilities between TRANSMET users.
- Newly designed Web browser interface management
- TRANSMET handles all kind of WMO data required by a National Met Service
- TRANSMETsupports all kind of interfaces including:
- Asynchronous lines (leased line, dial-up) at any standard speed
- Telegraphic lines
- TCP/IP FTP based communications (last WMO standards compliant)
- TCP/IP socket based connections
- AFTN/ICAO interface
- Point-to-point X25 connections (PVC/SCV)
- RETIM 2000, MDD, MSG, SADIS, ISCS satellite emission / reception
- Automatic email, fax and printer connectivity
- Easy interface to your own software development.