WIS - COOPERATING TO DELIVER THE WIS
WIS® - a tool for WIS implementation WIS®, an open source system bringing WIS compliance for NCs (National Centres), DCPCs (Data Collection and Production Centres), GISCs (Global Information System Centres).
WIS®- developed by several National Meteorological Services and one Service Provider WIS® was started by the National Meteorological Services of France an the United Kingdom, and one Service Provider (MFI). Recently, the National Meteorological Services of Korea and Australia have joined the WIS Core Founders.
WIS®-a single solution for GISC, DCPC and NC WIS® will come with standard configurations: WIS® / GISC, WIS® / DCPC and WIS® / NC, either individually or combined
- Enhanced International position Because WMO Information Sytem (WIS) is becoming true, new role with WIS are currently distributed over all NMSs: GISC, DCPC, NC.Each NMS has to apply with WMO to get the suitable position in the WIS community, fitting with its current and future capability..
- Strengthened position in the country Application to DCPC position may also help you secure a National Weather and Climate Centre for the benefit of the research community and governmental organizations.
- Optimized IT Infrastructure WIS Project is a unique opportunity to aslo review and upgrade your Meteorological Information System, at least as far as Central Data Management is concerned.
- WIS is becoming a standard and respects the WMO guidelines
- WIS is the result of a combined work with MFI, METEO FRANCE, Met Office, Korean meteorology Administration, Australian Bureau of Meteorology.
WIS®- open source software to secure the future
WIS software will deliver key functions for WIS compliance meeting WMO requirements. Thanks to the long term commitment of the WIS Core Founders and to the open source character of the software, WIS® will be a sustainable component of WIS over the next decades.
Early involvement of a service provider ensures that help will be available for other WMO members to integrate WIS® with their own systems.
WIS®- integrated on top of NMSs’ core systems
- WIS will interact with NMSs’ existing telecommunication and information systems.
- WIS® design is generic enough to interface any IT architecture in the world. WIS candidate centres will have to integrate WIS® on top of their existing core systems.
WIS®- available by WMO Congress 2011
Core Founders will be running WIS® in a pre-operational environment for WMO Congress 2011, WIS® software is expected to be released as open source to the meteorological community after software validation by Core Founders and setting up of appropriate open source management structure.
- Normal & standby PC computer with XP Pro OS and application software
- Automatic Switcover
- Set of Modems (GSM or PSTN)
- GPS for time synchronisation (if no time reset is present otherwise)